21. September 2007

Perfect Timing!

So I got my sewing machine back on Wednesday (she's fine, thanks for asking!) and started on the nappy bag for my friend yesterday morning. When I was almost done with it, I got a call from my friends husband telling me that the little girl had just arrived. Wow! She was ten days early. I was really exited after the phone call, but somehow mangaged to finish the bag.
About two months ago my friend (the baby's mother) and I had been at the fabric store together and she had chosen the fabrics and the trim and she also had the idea for the shape of the bag. I think it came out perfectly.
It has three inside pockets and a magnetic closure. I had some difficulties taking pictures of these details. The lining is a very cute fabric from Lecien, the outer fabric is from Westfalenstoffe and of a nice heavy quality.

This morning I decided to sew a little heat pad, filled with grape seeds, that will match the bag and hopefully be the right size for a tiny baby tummy. I'll fill the bag with a couple of other things and then it's ready to go. Congratulations to you, J+M and welcome to you, Helena! I can't wait to meet you!

Keine Kommentare: