14. November 2008

Secret Pal 13!

About a year ago I promised C. I'd do just one more swap. Oh well, that didn't work out at all. I don't even want to count the ones I joined since then.
And when I saw that I could finally sign up for a Secret Pal swap (which I always thought were just super special) I had to do it. Just one more swap, right?!

Here's the questionnaire for the SP13:

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I really like bamboo, cotton, linen, corn and soy yarn as well as any non-animal/vegan fiber (let it be natural or synthetic!). Everything that comes from an animal is not for me!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My dpn's are stored away nicely in the case I made for them while all the circular ones are in a simple plastic bag.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned how to knit from my great grandmother when I was in elementary school and have since been more or less into it. Fall and winter are usually my only knitting seasons though and I think I'd consider myself still just an advanced beginner.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Nope, I don't. ETA: I totally forgot that I do of course have my list of Etsy favorites!

5. What's your favorite scent?
I like fresh scents just as much as sweet ones like caramel or vanilla. I'm not too fond of heavy flowery ones.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, unfortunately I love ANY kind of vegan candy!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
No spinning but lots of sewing, some counted cross stitch, a little crocheting and a big interest in any new craft I find out about!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s?
Rock, pop and alternative are probably the ones I like best but I'd love to listen to my pal's favorite music... whatever it is!

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I think I like almost every color except for dark blue and neon colors.
Sometime when I look at my blog or my fabric stash I can't help noticing that pink seems to be overly popular around here.10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married (haha, still think that's funny!) and we are owned by two cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes to scarves, hats and mittens and no to ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
All of the above or any other small project!

13. What are you knitting right now?
Fingerless gloves.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Of course! Who doesn't?!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like circular needles much better than straight ones (except for dpn's of course).
I own a lot of aluminium needles but think I prefer bamboo or rose wood.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, I don't.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I don't have any. Anything that doesn't get finished in an acceptable amount of time will get tossed or ripped. Sometimes it just has to be that way.

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
We don't really have that many holidays here in Germany that we'll celebrate (or did I forget some?!). No big Thanksgiving or Halloween parties here and of course no 4th of July either. I guess I really like the two we do celebrate: Easter and X-Mas.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Nothing worth mentioning here.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? 21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'm sure there are tons of things out there which I absolutely NEED but right now I can't think of anything. I just really love to try new yarns and books are always super appreciated!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes... sort of but I'm so darn slow! 5 1/2

23. When is your birthday?
November 19th

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes, I'm and I'm suessstoff there as well.

Keine Kommentare: